Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Electrician
Job Title: HOURLY: Electrician
City: Wheeling / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for an Electrician to join our team in Wheeling, IL.
Responsibilities for the electrician include:
• Follow all standard work practices and procedures to include: hot work permit system, proper start up and shutdown of all plant equipment, confined space policy, identify permit and non-permit confined spaces in the plant, Lockout Tagout procedures, Critical Safety Rules, plant and department safety rules, PPE, MSDS Policy and Procedures, plant fire protection system alarms and diesel pump.
• Understand the roles and actions of different individuals for plant emergency response.
• Knowledge of asbestos location and radioactive devices in the plant and proper handling.
• Know the domestic water system and where the shutoffs are and know where the main gas shutoff is located.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and read electrical schematics and blueprints.
• Practice good housekeeping and clean up after all jobs.
• Certified to operate Forklift Truck, Scissors lift, Cherry Picker and Bobcat.
• Complete work orders in computer.
• Lookup crib parts in computer on SAP and sign parts out properly and pass on jobs in orderly fashion.
• Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC motor controls, single and 3 phase electrical circuits, electronic drives and PLC controls.
• Install electrical conduit and machine wiring, install motors up to 10hp and assist mechanics with larger motor installations, fabricate and install brackets and mounting for electrical boxes and disconnects.
• Inspect test and clean AC and DC motors and replace brushes as needed.
• Perform PM’s on Thermoformers, Trim Presses, Punch Presses and support equipment and Extrusion equipment.
• Comply with all Plant rules, safety rules, GMP and PPE guidelines and Department work instructions.
• Work as directed by Department Supervisor and as assigned by shift Lead.
• Perform housekeeping duties.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
To be considered for the Electrician, applicants should possess:
• High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
• Basic Electricity 1 & 2 or Equivalent.
• Must be able to successfully pass the company designated written test and on the job training by a journeyman Electrician.
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.