Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Shift Electrician
City: South Boston
Job Title: HOURLY: Shift Electrician
City: South Boston / State: Virginia
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Shift Electrician located in South Boston, VA.
Shift electrician will perform maintenance responsibilities on the shift by repairing and maintaining plant equipment to ensure that maximum operational goals can be obtained through the use of electrical, mechanical, and plc/programming knowledge. Our priority is to provide safe and efficient service to every customer (internal and external) with the goal of resolving the problem the first time.
The Shift Electrician will be responsible for:
- Environmental, Health, and Safety will be the top priority while performing daily tasks and duties.
- Monitor the condition of all plant equipment and facilities and correct various electrical and mechanical problems as identified and as directed.
- Provide support for production and projects for safety improvements, process improvements, OEE improvements, and costs savings initiatives.
- Solve problems to root cause and participate in problem solving activities as needed.
- Work with Team Leaders to improve their skills in their various departments
- Maintain skill levels in electrical and mechanical maintenance techniques to keep pace with changing technology
- Make documented reports of conditions found and actions taken and recommend improvements.
- Maintain skill levels in industrial maintenance techniques to keep pace with changing technology
- Responsible to comply with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to address and/or food safety problems.
To be considered for the Shift Electrician opportunity, candidates should possess:
- A diploma in a related industrial electronics field or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of maintenance techniques for electrical and mechanical systems, such as instrumentation,
- pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, power transmission devices, bearings and seals, motors electrical power and
- controls circuits, electronic components and systems, such as DC and variable AC drive controllers, programmable
- controllers, and other solid state equipment.
- Knowledge of safe use of shop equipment, powered/non-powered hand tools, and electrical/electronic testing instruments.
- Computer skills to enable efficient use of intranet and e-mail.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Understand plant operations and maintain a good relationship with employees.
- Knowledge of robotics and automation
- Knowledge of PLC’s
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.