Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Job Title: Production Supervisor
City: Toronto / State: Ontario
Join Reynolds Consumer Products Canada….a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and having fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have a Production Supervisor position open at our facility in Toronto, Ontario.
The job exists to supervise approximately 30-40 bargaining unit employees on a three shift basis, to ensure that the quality and quantity of product required is produced in a safe, timely and efficient manner. It is expected that the incumbent will demonstrate ownership for continuous improvement of the production operation.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Using effective direction and leadership skills, safe operation of plant equipment and care for the health and welfare of our employees is the first priority of the production supervisor.
- Through the use of Lead Hands, the supervisor will ensure effective placement of employees to production centres to ensure prioritized production activity is achieved. This includes accurate preparation of production reports, metal usage records, metal cutoff activities, analysis of production levels to standards, and other activities to ensure maximum effectiveness of our efforts.
- The incumbent will handle employee related activities such as performance monitoring, first stage labour dispute issues, counseling & discipline, validation of labour hours and timesheet approval, etc.
- The Production Supervisor is expected to have an awareness of, not just their immediate area of supervision, but of the Plant operation as a whole, as to be on the lookout for areas of improvement to equipment and/or process, being pro-active in seeking the best solutions and championing change
- The position requires dealings internally with the hourly workforce for work assignments and attention to labour relations issues, production planning for reconciliation of production schedules, maintenance department for machinery downtime, engineering and set up personnel for product changeovers that affect production shortfalls, plant management and peers for project work and collaboration related to projects and daily work issues and external vendors relating to corrugated carton problems
- Balancing daily production needs with attention to continuous improvement, safety and other activities is an ongoing challenge that is resolved with use of sound time management, negotiation and collaboration skills
To be considered for the Production Supervisor opportunity, candidates should possess:
- Demonstrated effective leadership and motivational qualities, combined with a technical production background supported by formal education or job experience of more than five years is required. The incumbent must have the ability to take ownership of challenging job responsibilities and assigned projects
- In our fast-paced production environment, the incumbent will be required to successfully cope with tight deadlines and have an ability to make good decisions quickly, often with incomplete information
- The Production Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate across all levels of the organization, in both a written and verbal manner. This individual must respect our confidentiality, ethics and code of conduct standards. He/she must be able to function in a unionized environment and be cognizant of the complexities of directing employee behaviour within the confines of a collective bargaining agreement and have the patience to respectfully hear all sides of an issue
- The incumbent must demonstrate good working knowledge of current occupational health/safety laws, plant working rules and practices.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.Back Apply