Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY PLC Maintenance Technician
Job Title: HOURLY PLC Maintenance Technician
City: Carrollton / State: Texas
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a PLC Maintenance Technician Carrollton, TX.
The PLC Maintenance Technician will be responsible for:
• Proactively provide technical support to production personnel, processes and to all internal customers. o Assist engineering with equipment and process layouts to achieve maximum efficiency and the lowest manufacturing cost.
• Lead or be SPA for new projects involving new lines, upgrades or improvements.
• Guide, Teach and Train mechanics and provide technical support on repairs, Assist mechanics with repairs as needed or as directed by any Lead Person.
• Be part of the help chain to address mechanical and technical issues to ROOT cause
• Install, Troubleshoot and repair electronic motor drive systems including servo-motors, encoders, tachometers, electronic and mechanical brakes/clutches, closed-loop systems, DC servo, and AC variable-frequency.
• Troubleshoot, locate and replace defective components in a timely manner.
• Develop, modify and Program a wide variety of PLC’s and Panel views using RSlogic500, 5000, Factorytalk etc.
• Use procurement system to requisition parts and supplies and assist in maintaining parts inventory including screws and dies.
• Interpret, create and draw schematics and part drawings using CAD systems.
• Compile and organize documents for equipment.
• Set equipment in place using industrial millwright standards.
• Provide support to PM/AM processes.
• Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed on a daily basis.
• Must be aware of the environmental issues involved with job such as waste streams and proper disposal of materials used and TSCA applicability.
• Understand, promote, assist and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety Principles and be accountable to conforming to them at all times. Be accountable for assuring compliance with EHS Policies and support the facility safety, environmental and health programs.
• Understand and comply with the AIB, SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action”.
• Willingness to work any shift and be on-call for machinery downtime calls during both regular working hours and after regular working hours.
• Perform all job duties in a safe manner without bodily injury to self or others.
• Communicate with outside vendors and other Presto personnel.
To be considered for a PLC Maintenance Technician opportunity, candidates should possess:
Experience / Education Requirements:
• Must have a working knowledge of Extrusion Processes and converting.
• Must have an Extensive knowledge of 480v Electrical Power Distribution Systems used in industrial plants, and low voltage control systems.
• Thorough understanding in the function of all production and process support equipment used at Presto.
• Computer literate, proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Proficient using programming software including Logic 500, 5000, Factory Talk, etc.
• Extensive knowledge and skills in tools and components used in maintenance and repair of mechanical systems such as bearings, gears, clutches, belts, and seals o Proficient using CAD systems such as Acad, Soildworks, etc.
• Must be fully qualified as a Technician o Experienced in writing technical papers and work instructions
• Must have a Positive and Can-Do attitude and good interpersonal skills
• Minimum of 10 years Industrial experience o 2 yr. Technical Degree or equivalent technical experience Specialized Skills/Equipment Operated:
• Must be able to obtain OSHA Certified Forklift Operator
• Must be able to use basic hand tools such as drill, grinder
• Must be able to stick (ARC) weld and use cutting torch o Must be Proficient using a VOM Meter
• Must know acceptable millwright rigging techniques
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft
• Must understand machining and fabrication of parts
• Must be able to Program and troubleshoot PLC’s and Drives Physical/Working Conditions:
• Non Climate controlled environment, often around equipment running 300 F+
• Must be able to walk/stand all shift and climb stairs/ladder
• Must be able to work in high places Tools Required:
• Industrial Master Mechanics set with roll around toolbox, Caliper, Mic’s, drill, fuse pullers, VOM meter, socket allen set, amp probe, propane, and other specialized tools such as dial indicators
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.