Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Mechanic, Shift
Job Title: HOURLY: Mechanic, Shift
City: Carrollton / State: Texas
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Shift Mechanic located in Carrollton, TX.
The responsibilities of the Shift Mechanic include TPM/PM/Repair/Rebuild and to maintain production and process support equipment. Will also support Op Ex Processes.
The Shift Mechanic will be responsible for:
• Responsibilities and Primary Duties (Fully Qualified):
• PM equipments in the Operating Departments
• Maintain equipment in the Operating Departments
• Maintain the Process Support equipment for the Plant
• Must be able to locate and replace defective components in a timely manner
• Work with other Mechanics on repairs requiring more than one associate as directed by Team Leader or Process Leader or requiring additional technical assistance
• Must be able to Troubleshoot Motor Control Centers and relays, solenoids and other complex fractional hp. electrical d.c. drives and a.c. frequency drives
• Must be able to program PLC’s, troubleshoot and repair AC Frequency drives
• Must be familiar with and able to set up packaging equipment (cartoners)
• Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are being followed on a daily basis
• Maintain compliance with all applicable AIB/SQF requirements
• Must understand the function of all production and process support equipment
• Must be able to hand SPA responsibilities for one of EHS protocols
• Be able to do PR’s for parts concerning PM’s AM’s or equipment in need of repair
• Follow spare equipment schedule for needed repairs
• Responsible for teaching coaching and mentoring line operators in PM process
• Be able to fully support Production Team leader on production tasks
• Responsible for Housekeeping in your work area and your maintenance shop
• Must be aware of the environmental issues involved with job such as waste streams and proper disposal of materials used and TSCA applicability
• Will understand, promote, assist and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety Principles and be accountable to conforming to them at all times.
• Be accountable for assuring compliance with EHS Policies and support the facility safety, environmental and health programs
• Responsible to comply with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action.
To be considered for the Shift Mechanic opportunity, candidates should possess:
SPECIALIZED SKILLS/EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
• Must be OSHA certified Forklift Operator
• Must be able to use basic hand tools such as drill, grinder
• Must be able to stick (ARC) weld and use cutting torch
• Must own and be able to use an Presto Approved VOM meter digital multi-meter
• Non climate controlled environment, often around equipment @ 300 F +
• Must be able to walk/stand all shift and climb stairs/ladder
• Must be able to work in high places
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Must be able to do basic Math and simple Trig problems (angles)
• Must be able to read complex blueprints, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
• 1-3 years experience working with PLC’s and AC Frequency drives
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.