Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Industrial Millwright Mechanic
Job Title: HOURLY: Industrial Millwright Mechanic
City: Toronto / State: Ontario
Join Reynolds Consumer Products Canada….a world of opportunities! We currently have an Industrial Millwright Mechanic position open in our Maintenance Department at our facility in Toronto, Ontario.
The Industrial Millwright Mechanic provides, as determined by requirements of production and under instruction from the Maintenance Supervisor, all repairs and maintenance necessary in order that the plant facility and all allied machinery can function at an acceptable level of performance with the minimum amount of downtime. The Industrial Millwright Mechanic will be responsible for:
• The Industrial Millwright Mechanic provides professional, government - certified services to the plant facility through effective troubleshooting of equipment problems (including mechanical issues, PLC problems and electronic feed systems) throughout the plant, and solving them quickly and cost effectively; repairing mechanical and minor electrical malfunctions on production and facilities equipment; to be cognizant of and to be able to check and keep in good working order, the plant sprinkler system; and to ensure preventative maintenance practices are followed, notifying appropriate personnel to schedule needed downtime.
• The Industrial Millwright Mechanics work with outside contractors as required and supply them with necessary technical information, spare parts, etc... to ensure they perform their duties according to standard company practice.
• The incumbent is an active participant in many of the mandated health, safety and environmental crews dealing with emergency response, spill response, etc…
• These tasks are accomplished through the safe and efficient use of all manual and powered equipment and tools, motorized material handling equipment and the application of all company required good housekeeping practices. Strict adherence to and awareness of all Company health, safety and environmental policies and practices is mandatory.
• Although there well known and understood Company standard practices and procedures, many of the challenges of this position are in the effective troubleshooting of unusual or unanticipated problems, combined with the ongoing production demands of the Company and the inability of the incumbent to make the “complete fix” that would be ideal.
• Often the Millwright is required to provide some interim solutions that will withstand production demands until such time when equipment can be brought down for a more permanent repair. This could involve the incumbent working non-regular hours or weekends.
• The Maintenance Coordinator, Project Engineering staff, Production Supervisors, Electricians and Set-up personnel are available for required assistance when issues arise and in cases of mechanical or electrical troubleshooting of equipment, or when dealing with more complex issues
• The Industrial Millwright Mechanic deals with the Lead Hands, Production Supervisors, Machine Operators, Operator Packers, Set-up personnel and other Industrial Millwright Mechanics and Electricians on an ongoing, daily basis for things such as organizing the start of a repair, troubleshooting machine problems, etc….
• He/she also deals with outside contractors, as necessary, to facilitate coordination of in-house and external resources for the completion of various projects.
• The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that personal interactions with all plant workers, management and outside service providers are professional and courteous as is reasonable to ensure efficient plant operations.
To be considered for the Industrial Millwright Mechanic role, candidates must possess:
• Must hold an Ontario Millwrights’ Certificate, have completed the recognized Millwright apprenticeship program, be able to perform satisfactorily all areas of Millwright training elements and have an appreciation of how to work in a machine-paced operation.
• Must also have the ability to appreciate and identify health and safety hazards associated with equipment operation.
• Core requirements of the job include an ability to perform minor clerical tasks.
• Regular attendance and flexibility in required work hours is necessary.
[Note: Depending upon the availability of qualified trades candidates in the employment pool, the Company may at its sole discretion, decide to consider a combination of other recognized certifications in lieu of the Industrial Millwright Mechanic certification. This can include machining, welding, etc… however it is expected that the incumbent will be able to provide the full spectrum of job requirements as stated above.]
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.Back Apply