Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Packer Operator
Job Title: HOURLY: Packer Operator
City: Toronto / State: Ontario
Join Reynolds Consumer Products Canada….a world of opportunities! We currently have an Operator Packer position open in the Container/Foilware Department at our facility in Toronto, Ontario.
The Operator Packer, in accordance with standard practices and procedures is responsible for operating container presses and/or foilware equipment, exercising quality control measures and packing finished goods in cartons for shipping, in a manner that does not restrict the production process and meets established daily production targets Assignment to single or multiple press operation, manning the foilware lines, or assignment to other packing jobs outside of the Container Department is at the sole discretion of management, based upon current customer demand and production requirements. The incumbent must have full knowledge of, and adhere to, all corporate health, safety and environmental practices and procedures and must have a demonstrated ability to safely operate production presses, various stacking systems and foilware production equipment.
Responsibilities for the Operator Packer include the following:
• Although no specific formal schooling is required, the incumbent must have the ability to understand the elementary operation of punch presses and stacking system equipment, conveying systems, shrink tunnels/ovens, or other equipment used in these processes.
• Must also have the ability to appreciate and identify health and safety hazards associated with equipment operation.
• The core requirements of the job require an ability to perform minor clerical tasks, including the use and understanding of barcode system oper¬ation.
• Reliable work attendance is also necessary.
To be considered for the Operator Packer role, candidates must possess:
• The Operator Packer ensures uninterrupted production through effective operation of one or more punch presses using push button controls.
• This involves ensuring that the punch press is threaded and all guards are in place, minor jam-ups are cleared immediately and the machine is rethreaded.
• Unusual problems are referred to the Lead Hand or Production Supervisor for assistance in resolution.
• When assigned to the Foilware lines, the Operator Packer ensures that this process is performed in a fashion that adheres to standard operating procedures, quality standards and administrative requirements.
• The Operator obtains packing materials and forms cardboard cartons as needed. Containers are checked for quality (visual inspection for tears, holes, poor bead curl, etc...) packed in prescribed quantities, and placed on skids ready for the Material Handler to remove from the area.
• These tasks are accomplished through the safe and efficient use of punch presses, stacking equipment, conveying systems, shrink tunnels/ovens and any other production equipment and the application of all company required good housekeeping practices. Strict adherence to and awareness of all Company health, safety and environmental policies and practices is mandatory.
• The Operator Packer deals with Lead Hands, Production Supervisors, other Operator Packers, departmental Material Handlers, Set-up personnel, Tool & Die Makers, Maintenance employees and Machine Operators.
• The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that personal interactions with all plant workers and management are professional and courteous as is reasonable to ensure efficient plant operations.
• Most tasks are performed based on well-known and understood Company standard practices and procedures.
• Some challenge may present itself in the determination of the cause of poor quality materials or when poor equipment performance cannot be rectified. Lead Hands, Production Supervisors, Set-up personnel, Maintenance personnel and Tool & Die Makers are available for required assistance when issues arise and in cases of mechanical or electrical failure of presses, stacking systems, foilware equipment or when dealing with more complex quality issues.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.Back Apply