Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Planning Manager
Job Title: Planning Manager
City: Louisville / State: Kentucky
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Planning Manager located in
The Planning Manager supervises and coordinates the activities of the Planning department. He or she sets estimates and priorities within the department. They will assist in the development of preventative maintenance programs as well as planning and scheduling maintenance activities with Engineering support and guidance for in house projects. The Manager will establish and manage department and project budgets. The Planning Manager will develop financial analysis reports for top management, work with other departments to evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, develop process technologies, and optimize production. The role is also responsible for project parts inventory control.
The Planning Manager will be responsible for:
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all assigned activities in a safe and effective manner in accordance to established Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices. Ensure all team members are trained in and compliant with all safety policies, standards and expectations.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Planning department.
- Develops policies and procedures of the Planning department coordinating directly with plant operations.
- Develop and implement standard work instructions, troubleshooting guides, reaction plans for all routine tasks to maximize team member effectiveness.
- Interpret and enforce all company policies, procedures, guidelines .
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or effectiveness of team members.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, facilitate effective individual / team problem solving
- Manage team member performance using the prescribed processes and tools to promote individual accountability and achieve business goals/objectives.
- Effectively manage work order control systems to identify, prioritize and complete required/requested maintenance related activities.
- Routinely interact with other plant leadership team members to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provide training and leadership for planners in developing job requirements.
- Manage department budget: Labor, parts, repairs and maintenance. (Develop annual spending plan, control costs, set objectives, monitor and explain results).
- Recommend organizational / departmental staffing structures in regard to responsibilities.
- Mentor creative and innovative thinking from team members to bring their ideas and career plans to fulfillment.
- Assist in the development and analysis of preventative maintenance programs.
- Consults with plant Engineers and plant leadership regarding capital expenditures.
- Provides assistance in developing project costs.
- Assists in securing capital funding where applicable.
- Monitor store room effectiveness as a support function.
- Monitor and analyze preventative maintenance effectiveness.
- Prepares required planning reports for plant leadership.
- In locations where applicable, responsible to comply with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action
To be considered for the Planning Manager opportunity, candidates should possess:
- 2 or 4 year degree from a college or technical school; or 5 to 8 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated competencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-Point, Project, and CAD Design.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, managerial, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of technical consultancy with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate and supervise varied complex projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project management and control.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.