Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Group Engineering Leader
Job Title: Group Engineering Leader
City: Tamaqua / State: Pennsylvania
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for an Engineering Group Leader in Tamaqua, PA.
The Engineering Group Leader oversees the Process Engineering team, their initiatives and technical response for the Hefty Tamaqua manufacturing operations. This leader combines hands on troubleshooting with supervision of the engineering team while providing production data analysis, prioritization of projects, coordination of M&R financial spend, adherence to plant policies, coordination of major equipment repairs and reporting out on project progress to ensure prompt communications.
The Engineering Group Leader be responsible for:
- Responsible for a group of Process Engineers and Technicians supporting a family of product lines.
- Manage technical budget for assigned product family. Submit annual budget analysis and plan.
- Manage capital projects up to $1.0MM including justification and completion of capital request, RFQ's, and implementation. Provide implementation support for division capital programs. Submit the annual capital plan for the assigned technical area.
- Strategic planning and prioritization for process improvement. New design development and implementation. Emphasis on quality/process control and improvement.
- Develop the overhead Annual Improvement Plan for the family of product lines of direct responsibility. Review the manufacturing AIP for the family of product responsibility for technical reasonability.
- Actively promote plant initiatives and insure group priorities are in support of plant vision. Participate in and/or provide leadership on teams in support of plant initiatives outside of direct department responsibilities. Provide technical solutions as required.
- Provide feedback on individual performance against objectives to include overall group performance. Complete performance reviews with appropriate improvement planning for direct reports. Insure individual performance ratings are equitable with performance expectations of others in the same job functions within the group.
- Support Technicians/Engineers in their pursuit of personal development. Consolidate and prioritize group needs to insure maximum development opportunities with available time and budgets.
- Define department technical needs to include defined roles/responsibilities/skills. Coordinate technical recruiting as necessary through the HR. Support plant technical recruiting efforts by leading the selection team.
- Coordinates with supervisor and maintenance leadership to ensure higher-level response provided to priority lines; process engineering team provides guidance and oversight on critical equipment failures and repairs.
- Provides leadership expertise in continuous improvement of department and personnel.
- Evaluates and analyzes capabilities of equipment and sets operation limits, quality specifications, and standards in accordance with prescribed procedures.
To be considered for the Engineering Group Leader, candidates should possess:
- Demonstrated communication, motivation and leadership abilities.
- Ability to motivate Engineering group.
- Ability to coach and council as necessary to improve direct reports performance.
- Advanced understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Understanding of SAP, Maintenance Connection and other required software preferred.
- Understanding of daily management, shift hand-off’s, daily toolbox topics, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills (Root Cause analysis techniques required)
- Technical aptitude required.
- Supervisor mentality required.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to coach mechanics on safety, quality, professional issues, as well as technical.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years Engineering experience required; Process engineering preferred.
- Management / supervision experience required. (IE – Supervisor, lead, manager, etc.)
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.