Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Plant Controller
Job Title: Plant Controller
City: Temple / State: Texas
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Plant Controller to join our finance team at our manufacturing facility in Temple, Texas.
Relocation Assistance Available
The Plant Controller is an integral member of the plant leadership team that provides financial management, guidance, and control of manufacturing costs/operations. This rewarding opportunity offers the potential to significantly influence the profitability of a business. This individual will partner with leadership within the plant and business unit, lead financial staff at the plant, and will be accountable for plant level responsibilities such as, general accounting, payables, inventory reconciliations, auditing, fixed assets/capital appropriations, business analysis and financial budgeting and reporting.
The Plant Controller will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely month-end close activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations. Investigates, clearly communicates, and presents variance drivers/results to Plant and BU Leadership. Monitors performance and initiates corrective actions to mitigate unfavorable manufacturing variances.
- Responsible for proper accounting, reporting, and analysis of plant manufacturing costs and key performance measurements (Operational and Financial); standard costs, capital projects, working capital management, scrap reporting, competitive benchmarking, and other related initiatives / activities.
- Works with business unit finance and operational staff to suggest/implement and track cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensures proper controls and overseas internal and external audit requirements for the plant. Maintains all necessary documentation and ensures compliance with GAAP and RCP financial policies and procedures.
- Leads the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes, including system updates, supporting schedules, and presenting to plant leadership.
- Prepares and presents quarterly financial reviews for Business Unit President/VP.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining standard cost BOM’s and Routings.
- Responsible for supervising other accountants or finance personnel.
- Applies accounting principles, theories, concepts, and practices to the solution of problems.
- Provides technical advice and services to operating managers, interpreting accounting reports and statements, and identifying problem areas; and evaluating complete assignments for conformance with applicable policies, regulations, and tax laws.
- Exercises professional judgment in making frequent and appropriate recommendations for new accounts, revisions in the account structure, new types of ledgers, revisions in the reporting system or business unit records, changes in instructions regarding the use of accounts, new or refined account classifications or definitions, etc.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Provides interpretation of technical accounting pronouncements.
- Responsible for coordinating separate or specialized accounting treatment and reporting (e.g., cost accounting using standard cost, process cost, and financial statements & reports) for different senior management and/or external customers.
- In locations where applicable, responsible to comply with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action.
To be considered for the Plant Controller opportunity, candidates should possess:
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA in Accounting or Finance a plus.
- CPA Certification a plus.
- 4-7+ years of related professional Managerial Accounting experience.
- Experience in a large manufacturing environment in the accounting function preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred, with proven track record of developing, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Proficient in MS Office with high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with large, automated financial systems such as SAP, Hyperion, and Smartview.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and work cross-funtionally, and to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills.
- Inquisitive, accurate and detail oriented, with strong problem solving skills.
- Team player, willing to collaborate with other plants/departments and work to standardize and implement best practices across the BU.
- Exercise sound judgment with the ability to take calculated risks and make risk/return recommendations.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Relocation Assistance Available
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.