Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Senior Accountant
City: Lake Forest
Job Title: Senior Accountant
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance team at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for:
- Champion the execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes for the general accounting department, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the close process.
- Responsible for month-end close processing for SG&A, trade, advertising, coupon, and promotional spend within SAP.
- Compile and analyze data to prepare journal entries.
- Prepare and monitor account reconciliations.
- Interact with trade marketing team members and FP&A to ensure the reserve is adequate.
- Manage controls surrounding the promotional spend process.
- Work with the sales department to ensure accuracy of commission accruals and payments.
- Facilitate audits of commission processes.
- Provide information for monthly balance sheet reviews and external auditor PBC (prepared by client) requests.
- Drive and implement process improvements.
- Cross-train with other accountants and provide support as necessary.
- Assist in internal management SOX audits as needed
- Perform and assist with special projects as requested by management.
To be considered for the Senior Accountant opportunity, candidates should possess:
- BA/BS in Accounting.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Accounting or Audit.
- Self-starter and fast learner with proven ability to work independently.
- Interest in creating, refining, and improving processes.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with automated financial systems (SAP, HFM) is helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to identify and report actual/potential problems and propose solutions.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule during peak periods.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.