Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
City: Malvern / State: Arkansas
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team at our Hot Spring Continuous Rolling Mill Plant location in Malvern, Arkansas.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible (both as an individual and through work in teams), for supporting safety, production, and maintenance by assisting with troubleshooting, providing technical support (including on-call) and proposing changes to improve efficiency and decease costs.
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Engineer include:
• Coordinate the launch of new manufacturing products and processes including establishing rates, training operators, and following up after introduction to ensure the process capability is aligned with the assumptions.
• Improve processes and/or routings to realize improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity/Cost.
• Continuously monitor and drive opportunities to improve quality and cost reduction/efficiency.
• Champion Continuous Improvement efforts for department. o Maintain an Active Project list with emphasis on Continuous Improvement.
• Use statistical methods to evaluate process improvement suggestions.
• Understand and be able to practically apply Six Sigma and Lean Tools.
• Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
• Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
• Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
• Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
• Evaluate precision accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
Qualifications for a Mechanical Engineer include the following:
• Bachelor's degree required in Mechanical Engineering
• Requires 5+ years in a similar role at a manufacturing facility.
• Machine build experience o Able to do mechanical drawings in Auto Cad
• Strong analytical skills, hydraulic/pneumatic understanding, and attention to detail are a must.
• Strong leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills needed.
• Ability to develop maintenance personnel staff so they are knowledgeable of the process and have the skill set to quickly troubleshoot and repair problematic equipment.
• Must be able to support a 24/7 production schedule by taking calls during nights and weekends.
• Process control experience and/or knowledge of or experience with heavy mechanical industrial equipment a must
• Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.