Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Lead, Mechanic
Job Title: HOURLY: Lead, Mechanic
City: Tamaqua / State: Pennsylvania
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Lead located in Tamaqua, PA.
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Maintenance Lead oversees the response of shift mechanics and technical initiatives on a daily basis. They lead shift hand-off to ensure prompt and accurate follow up on issues that span shifts. They ensure mechanics’ adherence to plant policies. This position also coordinates major equipment repairs that result in extended downtime or high cost failures. They order required parts, determine delivery ETA’s, repair equipment and ensure the successful completion of the work. This position is also responsible for reporting out on daily repairs and ensuring prompt responses.
The Mechanical Lead will be responsible for:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and proactively replaces components when determined to be unsatisfactory or when worn equipment is identified.
- Rebuilds components internally to ensure adequate supply of key components.
- Coordinates with supervisor to ensure priority lines are repaired in alignment with production expectations and needs.
- Ensures repairs are performed with a high degree of excellence; as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
- Provides technical assistance to the team and the business resulting in an efficient operation that runs to the schedule and executes the daily business of the department.
- Aids in resolution of staffing and personnel issues.
- Provides technical expertise in solving problems related to all departmental mechanical, electrical, and process issues.
- Provides leadership expertise in continuous improvement of department and personnel.
- Analyzes equipment process problems and resolves problems by redesign and modification.
- Evaluates and analyzes capabilities of equipment and sets operation limits, quality specifications, and standards in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Initiates problems solving recommendations and solutions on urgent equipment and production problems.
- Provides technical training to production/maintenance team members.
- Coordinates fabrication and/or installation of equipment with supervision.
- Observes, corrects, and reports abnormal mechanical/electrical/team conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Provide management with recommendations for corrective actions, policies and process improvements.
To be considered for the Mechanical Lead opportunity, candidates should possess:
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Capable of learning SAP, Maintenance Connection and other required software.
- Understanding of daily management, shift hand-off’s, daily toolbox topics, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills (Root Cause analysis techniques required)
- Must be capable of leading equipment repairs, such as a gearbox failure or nip replacement.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Supervisor mentality required.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Ability to coach mechanics on safety, quality, professional issues, as well as technical.
- Ability to train and develop co-workers on technical and professional topics.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
- Minimum of 5 years practical work experience in industrial maintenance.
- Past role in leadership preferred (IE – Supervisor, lead, manager, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent in industrial mechanics, supervisory experience and/or project lead experience.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.