Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Specialist, Plant Extrusion
City: South Boston
Job Title: HOURLY: Specialist, Plant Extrusion
City: South Boston / State: Virginia
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Plant Extrusion Specialist located in South Boston, VA.
The Plant Extrusion Specialist will be responsible for:
- High level process knowledge of blown film, profile, and cast film extrusion processes with an expectation to gain a deeper level of process knowledge to support process/bubble stability. Make recommendations on extrusion equipment improvements that will maximize OEE.
- Obtaining a broad understanding of material properties such as MI and density for ldpe, lldpe, hdpe so a detailed level of process knowledge is incorporated into the setup, process changes, and execution of material testing.
- Providing process set points and make improvement recommendations/changes for the RPP department that includes maximizing output, efficiencies, and producing good quality RPP. Ensure all blends contain the maximum amount of RPP and that the plant meets the goal for consumption of RPP.
- Performing preventive maintenance and repairs on extrusion equipment including screen changers, collars, adapters, etc.
- Leading the die/screw program by ensuring that all dies and screws are pulled, measured, ordered, and replaced as required with the required documentation of all findings.
- Ensure that all mandrels are changed as required and document all changes.
- Know, understand, and troubleshoot all resin blending systems plant wide including all blenders, castline gravitrol systems, and loss-in-weight systems.
- Assist in the installation and start-up of new extrusion and blending equipment; modify equipment as needed.
- Assist in training employees on current and new equipment and process changes.
- Must be available for overtime or off shift hours as required. May be required to work during the plant shutdowns.
- Environmental, Health, and Safety will be top priority while performing daily tasks and duties. Perform work in a safe manner that protects and promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Complying with the SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to take action.
To be considered for the Plant Extrusion Specialist opportunity, applicants should possess:
- Two-five years technical training or equivalent in maintenance/technical services fields and experience as a qualified mechanic.
- Two year certificate or diploma in maintenance/technical field
- Demonstrated experience as a qualified mechanic.
- Demonstrated experience in extrusion - plant wide.
- Computer skills to enable efficient use of intranet, e-mail, and other software.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Understand plant operations and maintain a good relationship with employees.
- Ability to initiate and complete project work. Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with suppliers/vendors on specifications, pricing, and quotes.
- Ability to obtain a mobile equipment license.
- Ability to learn, develop, and maintain knowledge and skills appropriate to job assignment
- Troubleshooting skills
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.