Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Creative Graphics Design Manager
City: Lake Forest
Job Title: Creative Graphics Design Manager
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Creative Graphic Design Manager to join our team in Lake Forest, IL.
The Creative Graphics Design Manager is responsible for managing all design activity related to packaging, consumer & trade ads, product concepts, web banner ads, and any visual communications for Reynolds or Hefty products. The Design Manger will report to the Director of Visual Branding. The Creative Design Manager will lead initiatives within a cross-functional environment; working alongside Procurement, Design Operations, Production Planning, Packaging Engineering, and Marketing to commercialize all final designs. The Creative Design Manager will contribute to the Visual Branding team focus of being an expert design business partner with our customers (internal & external), providing business solutions that link to the brand objectives, support the product proposition of quality with the on-shelf presentation and drive sales. Be a Brand Steward Master.
The Creative Graphics Design Manager will be responsible for:
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manages creative projects from concept to completion.
- Leads design expertise to connection to consumers, shop ability and distinction of our brands from competition.
- Develops design team capabilities, assigns BU responsibility to Art Directors and balances workloads within team.
- Evaluates all creative solutions for all product lines for all Business Units in Design Review process.
- Leads strategic design programs; providing the strategic design thinking.
- Assists in the business unit's volume goals for business growth through creative and persuasive brand design.
- Directs art, design and oversee projects for all consumer branded packaging & marketing communications.
- Know the external design agency roster and lead combined internal/external design teams on key strategic initiatives.
- Assists in the design of products for the organization focusing on colors, designs, leveraging the point of difference.
- Leads brand package innovation development process by iterate, test, improve, repeat.
- Directs all photography and production of graphics related to our product lines.
- Approves color proofs and guide Design Operations prior to first run of print production for accuracy.
- Understands all Business Unit objectives and be prepared to coach the Art Directors when objectives are not being achieved.
- Participates in research methodology discussions with marketing.
- Demonstrates design leadership qualities and management capabilities.
- Have in-depth knowledge of trend tools, follow trends, tap into leading edge trend setters – to enroll current trends into our product portfolio and advise marketing leaders of the trends.
- Produces the best in class product packaging for all national brands and private label brands.
- Co-own with Design Operations team - Dragonfly used for; design routing for approval, project management timelines, asset management, & communicating to our internal & external partners on projects.
- Leads business analysis, measuring quality, speed and cost for programs.
- Lead & identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements for graphics development.
To be considered for the Creative Graphics Design Manager Opportunity, candidates should possess:
- BA/BS degree in Graphics Design or emphasis in product design, package structure and/or print reproduction.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 7+ years of related professional and progressive graphics design experience in the CPG industry.
- Experience in pre-press industry and all print processes (Rotogravure, Offset & Flexography).
- Proven track record of successfully directing, utilizing and evaluating suppliers/agency partners.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures used in the CPG industry a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and 3-D rendering.
- Knowledge about printing on packaging materials is essential; print on poly, paperboard and shrink-wrap.
- Knowledge of design and package engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.