Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: HOURLY: Forklift / Yard Jockey
Job Title: HOURLY: Forklift / Yard Jockey
City: Tamaqua / State: Pennsylvania
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Forklift/Yard Jockey located in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania.
The Forklift / Yard Jockey coordinates daily activities of shipping assistants with information supplied by Shipping Receiving Associate and Shipping Receiving Manager.
The Forklift/Yard Jockey will be responsible for:
• Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies.
• Insure all documentation completed for each daily Shipment and variances reconciled with the help of the team lead and inventory department.
• Responsible for loading and unloading customer shipments, interplant transfers, packaging, and any miscellaneous items that come in or go out of the facility.
• Responsible for the accurate pulling of products within the facility and documentation of location pull sheets.
• Working knowledge of RF Units in relativity to loading, picking and unloading trucks. Experienced with both sit down and stand up forklifts.
• Reconciles outbound pallet quality issues with the Warehouse Lead.
• Assist in all areas of Shipping/Receiving Department, as needed.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming and/or outgoing shipments. Make sure all shipments have the proper paperwork.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
• Track and coordinate with the Warehouse Lead the removal of scrap materials such as corrugate, pallets, floor sweepings etc.
• Inform Shipping/Receiving Manager of issues and problems daily.
• May assist management in special projects within the scope of their position or other areas as deemed necessary by management.
• Load orders for customers that arrive on-site to pick up orders, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Presto employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
• Performs inspection of vehicle prior to and after operation of, moves trailers in and out of dock as directed by management.
• Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading and pulling from doors, the placement of nose supports and Glad Hand Locks on all trailers in door.
• Orderly maintaining of the yard, inspection of trailers prior to loading. Providing a daily yard check and daily yard sheet to Warehouse Management Team.
• Support and participate with Safety Team, IFE Program and any other safety related events.
• Also may perform duties of lift driver, scanner and other tasks assigned by management.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by Warehouse Management Staff.
To be considered for the Forklift/Yard Jockey opportunity, candidates should possess:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong skills in accuracy, attention to detail, and following instructions are essential for this position.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Safety awareness.
- RF Unit & Forklift Experience Required
- CDL A Class required
- Must pass DOT physical, pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- 2 years of clean DMV/MVR record required
- Previous Yard Jockey / Spotting experience is preferred
- Must have the ability/willingness to learn equipment as well as have the ability to take direction, follow-up and be a team player.
- Forklift, WMS and RF Unit skills are preferred.
- People skills, reliability, customer oriented, and ability to work independently are required
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled environments required
- Must always be aware of surroundings and conditions.
- Dayshift; M-F 8-4:30pm (1day yard jockey, 4 days’ forklift)
No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.