Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
City: Lake Forest
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Packaging Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
Primary and secondary packaging material development, testing, and specification are the primary responsibility of this position. Project management skills and the ability to interact with multiple manufacturing plants and corporate personnel will be necessary to succeed in this position.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain packaging specification records in packaging database.
- Identify the materials to be used for projects that will guarantee product integrity.
- Investigate materials uses and develop best practices across the organization.
- Conduct all necessary performance trials to establish or validate new specifications.
- Creation/coordination of packaging drawings (internally or externally) as necessary.
- Use of pallet pattern software (TOPS) for optimizing unit loads.
- Interface with plant manufacturing and Corporate R&D on new or existing products.
- Provide troubleshooting expertise for materials and/or processes.
- Qualify new materials/vendors for manufacturing processes.
- Identify and focus on reducing packaging damages in the field.
- Explore opportunities for cost reductions and lead in their implementation.
- Analysis of manufacturing options for new products or packaging, including the consideration of co-packed ventures.
- Prepare research, reports, and memos as required for support of the business unit objectives.
- Assist Product Commercialization Managers (PCMs) with project timeline development as needed.
To be considered for the Packaging Engineer Oppportunity, candidates should possess:
- B.S. in Package Engineering
- 10-15 years of consumer packaged goods engineering/development experience including an emphasis on folding cartons, corrugated, printed film materials, machine automation, and typical warehouse/distribution processes.
- Experienced with development and testing of point-of-purchase (POP) displays. Familiarity with various print options for display (digital/flexo/litho lam).
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Detail oriented, self motivated, and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Proven track record with identifying and/or implementing cost savings projects.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Project management experience is preferred, but not required.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.