Open Positions at Reynolds Consumer ProductsBack Apply
Job Title: Director of Manufacturing & Engineering - Tableware
City: Lake Forest
Job Title: Director of Manufacturing & Engineering
City: Lake Forest / State: Illinois
Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing & Engineering at our headquarters in Lake Forest, IL.
The purpose of the Director of Manufacturing and Engineering is to lead the Technical activities such as Cost reduction, Product Improvement, and Product Development commercialization assistance related to the Reynolds Consumer Products Tableware BU reporting to the VP Operations Tableware. This includes managing Projects from Concept through Commercialization as well as Cost Reduction Programs required to support the Tableware BU.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Manufacturing and Engineering Director will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the Department’s adherence to the Pactiv/Reynolds Safety Programs i.e. On-going Knowledge & Training etc. o Develops and Communicates regularly scheduled Departmental reporting i.e. On-Going Weekly Reports, Project Status Reports, and Timelines etc.
- Develops, Documents, Controls and Communicates Project schedules for all Projects and Departmental activities.
- Set Employee Objectives based on agreed Business Goals while providing On-going reviews and Yearly Performance Evaluations.
- Assist in the selection & evaluation of New Employees for positions within the Organization. o Responsible for the Departmental Capital & Expense Budget, while adhering to established Budget Targets and SOP’s.
- Establish Departmental Standard Operating Procedures for Project Management, Cost Estimating, Capital Costs, Prototyping etc. o Provide Leadership and assistance for Product Development Activities as it relates to each Project within the organization.
- With Marketing, Conducts Competitive Analysis to support Programs, identify Feature Set, Claim Language and Set OA Targets of each Program. o Involved in Consumer Research to support the Project i.e. Observation of Products @ Focus Groups, Market Research Studies etc. o With Manufacturing & Engineering, Develops, Prepares, Communicates, Controls, Program Costs, i.e. Product Costs, Prototyping Costs, Project Capital & Timing etc.
- With Legal develop an Intellectual Property Landscape and Strategy for each PD Program. o Develops OA Strategy to Support Prototyping Efforts required by the demands of each individual PD Program, i.e. “Looks-Like”, Focus Groups, IHUT, BASES, Launch etc.
- Supporting the Sampling effort requires direct “on-the floor” coordination at the Manufacturing Facility.
- While “on the floor” Confirm Project Variables i.e. Run Speeds, Scrap Rates etc., and confirm that Established Quality Parameters have been achieved and the Product has been approved for sale.
- Responsible for the Development, Maintenance and Confidentiality of the Departments File Systems i.e. Databases, Project Plans, Product Technical Drawings etc.
- Projects will require Travel to support each Program i.e. Store Visits, Focus Groups, Manufacturing Facilities etc.
To be considered for the Manufacturing and Engineering Director opportunity, candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a Packaging, Plastics or Engineering. A Master’s degree, especially in Product Development or an MBA would be considered a plus.
- 10 Years’ experience in a similar Management capacity ideally in a Consumer Products industry. Skills:
- Be a Self-Motivated Leader which produces successful programs with a minimal management direction.
- Be a solid Team Player able to drive small and large groups of Professionals to a common goal.
- Be able to manage multiple Projects simultaneously in a fast moving environment.
- Be able to dissect difficult challenges, provide leadership and develop feasible solutions.
- Manage & Lead a team of Engineers and/or Designers in NPD activities.
- Be familiar with Manufacturing Technologies, Thermoforming would be a plus.
- Be familiar with Intellectual Property strategy, processes and terminology.
- Be capable to make Presentations in front of Senior Management.
- Be familiar with all phases of the Product Development Process.
- Be familiar with Computer Programs i.e. MS Office, MS Project, CAD, Minitab etc..
- Be familiar with all Prototyping Technologies i.e. Standard Methods as well as Rapid Methods i.e. FDM, SLA etc..
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link:
The poster and the supplement can be found on this link.
For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550 or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com.
No recruiter calls or emails please.